Example Related Courses.
- Guided Walks
- Navigation – 1 to 2 day courses NNAS syllabus
- Personal Mountain Skills – 2 to 5 day courses
- Mountain Expedition – 2 to 5 day trips
Having the skills to be able to look after yourself or others in your party, family or group have got to be the most fundamental areas of knowledge to be able to enjoy the mountainous areas of Great Britain.
- Being able to understand the weather and its effect on both the day and your abilities.
- knowing how to use a basic map and compass or a GPS devise.
- Having all the right equipment with you to aid in any situation were your first plan for the day has to be revised.
- Ability to move on various types of terrain.
All this and more contribute to the abilities of a competent person in our stunning mountains
It must be emphasised now that we do not train persons to lead group’s, this is the remit of Mountain Leader Training providers of which we will gladly refer you to the better providers if this is the path of your choosing